I found something about a month ago that I’ve been meaning to post. It’s called Grooveshark, and it’s made of pure awesome. It’s a free internet radio, with a twist. You can choose what you listen to, and when by making your own playlists. And as far as I can tell, there are no limitations to this.
- Tons of [Japanese] Music to choose from – I’ve not found any artist yet that isn’t on Grooveshark.
- Web-based – you don’t have to download a desktop application to listen. You just need a web browser.
- Playlists – you can build and save your own. You can also share them with others, as well as get other people’s playlists.
- No commercials – just hours of play time.
- Unlimited (as far as I can tell) play time. I’ve never been prompted to upgrade to some paid service level. The only thing it prompts you for is if you’ve not shown activity in a while (to save bandwidth).
- Cross-platform – there are apps available for Android (and probably iPhone as well) that you can grab your playlists from as well if you sign up for a free account. Very handy for listening in the car.
Head on over to Grooveshark, your immersion environment will thank you. 🙂
Note: Placed this on the Tools page as well.